Consultez cette page d'inscription en français en sélectionnant votre langue préférée en haut à droite de cette page.
The Canadian Partnership for Women and Children's Health (CanWaCH) is excited to present 'The 2022 CoLabs: One Year In', a presentation by the second iteration of the Canadian Collaborative for Global Health! The Collaborative aims to support initiatives to generate solutions to urgent data challenges in sexual and reproductive health, gender and nutrition data gaps, and research dissemination.
Bringing together global partners and partners in Canada, the 2022 CoLabs are:
- Collecting data on self-managed abortion in humanitarian and fragile settings: A global initiative
- Addressing gender and nutrition data gaps through the operationalization of the Gender-Transformative Framework for Nutrition
- Digital Storytelling for Global Health Research and Action
Specifically, some of the key challenges they are working on include
- collecting non-facility based data on self-managed (medicated) abortion, especially in humanitarian and fragile settings.
- underlying barriers to effective data collection and use by communities and the nutrition sector to drive gender-transformative change across the nutrition program lifecycle
- Barriers limiting data quality (e.g.: underrepresented voices, limited depth) and research dissemination (e.g. low engagement, not action oriented, presenter bias) in global health data and, more specifically, DST-generated data.
Join us on Tuesday, June 13 at 1 p.m. EDT as we learn about their efforts, the progress made to date and what the next phase of their work entails!